Unique shape and rib design lower drag and allow the buoy to "skip" along the surface upon retrieval.
In 1989, we introduced the first patented low-drag Buoy to the commercial fishing industry. Hauling in a 700-lb crab pot in 30-ft seas is the most dangerous job in the world. That's why we created a buoy designed for faster, safer pickups, easing strain on both crew and gear. Polyform's LD Series is the best option for any application where a buoy is dragged or brought in and out of the water regularly. It is distinguished as the #1 buoy used in the commercial crabbing and fishing industries today, outselling all other dragged buoys combined.
- LD reduces drag by as much as 80% compared to standard round buoys
- Great choice for any offshore fishing application
- Polyform's vinyl valve system maintains buoy inflation
- Even wall thickness for maximum strength and durability
- Heavy-duty reinforced rope hold
- Offered in a wide range of brilliant, high-visibility colors
- Excellent fore and aft rafting protection
LD Buoys Size Chart
Model Size (diameter x length) Eye Diameter Circumference Volume Boat Size LD-1 8.6 x 19 in 1 in 27 in 3 gal 20'-30' LD-2 11.5 x 24 in 1 in 36.1 in 6.1 gal 30'-40' LD-3 12.7 x 29 in 1 in 39.75 in 10.8 gal 40'-50' LD-4 15.5 x 37 in 1 in 48.7 in 19.2 gal 50'-60'